- General Info
The Herbert Schnog family reached Curaçao in 1956 to work there for Herbert’s twin brother. Garage Cordia N.V. in those days was the distributor for Borgward, Vanguard and Peugeot. Two of these brands do not exist since long.
After a while, to be exact in 1960, Herbert Schnog left for Aruba to establish a new business there. With the help of his brother he got the Peugeot agency for Aruba. At the same time he managed to get hold of the Volkswagen agency as well.
This is how Autorama N.V. started in Cura Cabai. After four and half years Herbert Schnog left Autorama N.V. because of a difference in opinion regarding the management’s policy.
After a short time, however, Mr. Schnog was approached by Toyota agents and obtained the agency for Toyota. He had stipulated as a condition that also his brother in Curaçao would obtain the Toyota agency.
This is how Garage Cordia Aruba (GCA) opened her doors in July of 1965 with a supply of 10 cars and a few thousand dollars in parts. (Meanwhile GCA has sold more than 25.000 cars and has millions parts in stock.) The business grew rapidly and before a year had passed GCA had to move from the Caya Betico Croes to the L.G. Smith Boulevard 114. In the course of the years, the company plant has expanded three times.
From its establishment until he 70’s Mr. Schnog ran the business completely by himself. In 1976 Mr. Herbert Schnog retired from the company and handed over the company to his son Hans Schnog. During the first years Mr. Hans Schnog managed the business together with Mr. Milo Daal.
On July 17, 2005, exactly 40 years after the company first opened her doors, Garage Cordia introduced her new dealership facility at Camacuri. Since incorporation in 1965, Garage Cordia’s objective is to continuously and pro-actively expand delivery of its products and services to the market.